Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Louisville KY
David Bryant Law, PLLC
Whenever an accident occurs, there can be both personal injury and property damage. Personal injury covers physical injuries as well as mental anguish and pain and suffering. The primary goal of personal injury lawsuits is to get the victims who are injured by someone else’s actions or inactions the compensation they deserve.
To successfully pursue a personal injury claim in Louisville, you should seek the services of an expert personal injury lawyer who can provide you with exceptional representation in a court of law.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Among the most common causes for motorcycle accidents is the inattentiveness of other drivers on the road. Motorcycle riders take a risk every time they get on their bikes because they are much less protected and shielded from harm than people in cars. So it is important that bikers stay alert and aware of their surroundings to protect themselves.
Here’s a list of a few causes of accidents that bikers should look out for:
- Poor road conditions – An accident caused by weather conditions such as rain, snow, and ice or by things like road construction debris can be hazardous for motorcycle riders.
- Drunk drivers – A person driving drunk may be driving erratically or swerving and can crash into a motorcycle rider.
- Failure to check blind spots – Drivers who do not check their blind spot or who assume that there is nothing in their blind spot may cause an accident when changing lanes.
- Door accidents – Some parked drivers may open their car doors without checking for oncoming traffic. A motorcyclist may get into a crash in an attempt to not hit the door or by hitting the door itself.
- Front brake overuse – A motorcyclist may be thrown over the handlebars of their bike if they stop too hard using their front brake.
- Lane splitting or white lining – Riding on the line between lanes can be dangerous for motorcyclists. Most drivers will not expect a motorcycle right beside them and you may end up in the blind spot of another vehicle while they are trying to merge.
Motorcycle Laws and Riding Safely in Kentucky
Understanding the laws surrounding motorcycles and traffic laws in general can help keep you safe on the road. Obey traffic signs and lights, signal lane changes, and be sure to leave room between yourself and other drivers. Traffic laws are created to help protect motorists and there are steps that you can take to ride safely.
David Bryant Law, PLLC
On Your Side
A Local Kentucky Law Firm Helping Victims of Personal Injury